Inspired by Patrick Oshaughnessy’s tweet. What is the most interesting business essay you’ve read in 2020?
I’m trying to be helpful and listing people’s best business essays from the comments, then linking and categorizing them. 🙂
Hope it’s useful!
- How To Invest In Startups
- Idea Generation
- Founders need stewards, not masters
- From Energy To Transport To Healthcare, Here Are 8 Industries Being Disrupted By Elon Musk And His Companies
- Why famed VC Bill Gurley thinks IPOs are such a rip-off
- What’s Next for Marketplace Startups?
- Laws of Tech: Commoditize Your Complement
- The New Business of AI (and How It’s Different From Traditional Software)
- Why is Artificial Intelligence So Useless for Business?
- When Tailwinds Vanish
- How Consumer Apps Got First Customers
- The Cadence: How to Operate a SaaS Startup
Platforms / Networks
- Platforms in an Aggregator World
- The Guide to Unbundling Reddit
- The Slack Social Network
- Why Figma Wins
- Four Myths of Bundling
- The Bullseye Framework for Getting Traction
- Scale and Loyalty are more important online than offline, which drives much of the “winner take most” reality of the internet.
- The Rise of TikTok and Understanding Its Parent Company, ByteDance
- The Epic Games Primer: Parts I-VI Directory
- How the Pandemic May Change Things
- Doordash and Pizza Arbitrage
- The next 10 years….. Some thoughts and reflections.
- Valve Handbook For New Employees
- 75 years of US Advertising
- How Hip-Hop Helped Cash App Grow Faster
- Information wants to be free*
- Moats Before (Gross) Margins
- Internal Logic: What Is Our Business For?
- How Big is the Racial Wealth Gap?
- One Process
- Lots of Things Happening At Once
- Does Sonos have a moat?
- The Stealth Nationalization of America’s Banks…..an “Economic-Whodunit-Thriller-Novella”
- Moats, Innovation, and the Premier League