Welcome to my first post on the blog! This will also be my introduction to my blog and giving you some background on who I am and why I’m choosing to do this.
WHO AM I?
So, to tell you a bit about who I am, my names Kalani, I’m
23 24 and was born and raised in Australia. I’m currently finishing up my masters at University and am just starting my Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science. My general aim for my day to day life is to make little improvements, consistently, day after day.
I previously worked at an investment fund and absolutely loved it. The challenge, the curiosity and the importance of investing others’ money. I love investing and the constant research and education it gives me so hoping to share some of what I learn here.
I don’t really enjoy doing things half-heartedly so I have decided to go all in on this blog and put myself out there in the process of doing so. I maybe be a bit insane and delusional towards my goals, but I think anything worth doing is worth doing well!
WHAT ARE MY INTERESTS?
Just some of my interest and topics I like learning about.
- Particularly value/growth/micro-cap. For more see My Investing Strategy. Looking to learn more about Private markets and VC.
- Basketball, F1, Golf. Anything really. I love the competitive aspects of it and the constant desire to improve and succeed. Also the Fantasy aspect I find interesting too.
- Just started learning Python and starting my CS degree. Late to the party but loving learning about all things tech so far.
- Self Improvement
- Mental Models. Cultivating habits. Productivity improvements. I just want to be better today than I was yesterday.
- The business behind them, current trends and the future of gaming. I also straight-up love playing games. Especially FPS and sports games. But I seldom play anymore, aiming to focus on more productive hobbies.
- Health, Nutrition and Fitness
- Living longer and stronger. Pushing and testing my body.
- I’m straight poo at it, but I enjoy it now and again. Particularly baking and anything sweet related. It’s my biggest weakness.
- New people. New cultures. Different food. Different scenery. The stranger the better.
- Books & blogs.
- Podcasts & audiobooks. Interesting conversations. People’s life stories.
- New to my list of interests, but quickly growing in enjoyment.
WHY THIS BLOG?
This blog is me documenting my attempts to make little improvements, general musings on topics and other miscellaneous learning adventures.
I want this blog to document what I find interesting and learn from. Selfishly I want to also improve my writing skills in the process. I also want to create beneficial and interesting content to readers. Whether that’ll be detailed deep dives into topics, or even writing on more education type content. Overall, I want you to read something here and be able to go away with something useful or implementable in your own lives, or at the very least give you something to deeply think about.
WHY SHOULD YOU READ MY STUFF?
Because I’m funny, interesting and thoughtful? But seriously, I’m hoping that by diving and delving into topics, I’ll able to show and create some high-quality information & resources. Hopefully these will not only be interesting to read, but applicable too.
HOW CAN I HELP / CONTACT?
Follow me on Twitter? Or just a message of encouragement is nice. If you need to tell me something. want to help or want to just chat, please see the Contact page! Your message is greatly appreciated on this often lonely journey.